– There you are joking with Mister Cain Abrams while we all wait for the show to start – Will this be the day you admit to the Satin Strangler murders – Will you or will you not assume the role of the chosen one – We all want to know
– You have been squandering the creation – Desecrating the Satin Strangler – You have ignored me – You act like I do not exist – But you are the one who does not exist Destiny Blande – Destiny Blande no longer exists without the Satin Strangler – My Satin Strangler
– We all have to shut up – Shut the friggin hell up – We are just the audience – We are nothing – NOTHING – The applause sign controls us like marionettes
– The girl holding cue cards wants to be you – To be the most eligible bachelorette – She does her little tasks around the set – All for someone else – If only she could have been the Satin Strangler – But the media did not select her to play that role – Did they – She just holds words in the air
– You are looking beautiful today Destiny Blande – Everyone in the audience is mesmerized – All of the Satin Strangler fans – They have been herded like sheep into the studio
– You are everything I pictured the Satin Strangler to be – Everything except willing to take on the title – You must decide – Will you be the Satin Strangler – Or will you step away and leave the title for another – Dancing in the middle ruins everything
– I am in the second row – Just a little more than a knife length from you
– Do you know that I am here Destiny Blande – You refused to answer me – Did you think that I would not find you – Did you think that I would not track you down – Dare you try to outsmart me – Dare you scorn your Lord
– Mister Cain Abrams is sitting pretty – Perfect hair – Perfect teeth – He is ready for the cameras – Ready to speak to you – But he has no right to – He is not invested in this – He has not given his soul for the Satin Strangler – You smile and answer his questions – The questions that his writers prepared for him – How much does he know about you – A fraction of what I know
– Why have you decided to break your silence Destiny Blande – To do your first television appearance since the trial – This is the first question that Cain Abrams reads off the cue card – This is what everyone wants to know
– You say you are tired of watching so many others tell your story – The media scum and their devices – Those are not your words but they are your meaning – And the Broadway premiere is scheduled to happen without you – Despite you – To spite you – The lawyer will make more money – Everyone will be rich – Everyone but you – And me – But you do not mention me – And I do not want the money
– You say you will set the record straight – You will tell your own story
– To tell the story of Destiny Blande or the story of the Satin Strangler the brain dead host asks – Which story will you tell – He is off the script for a second – In treacherous waters – The girl with the cue cards looks nervous
– You smile and look out into the mesmerized pathetic drooling faces of the audience – Maybe a little of both you say – You are taking bids to tell your story – The auction starts today – Let the bidding begin
– Fox television has offered you a reality show – How many million for that – You do not say – The movie rights will dwarf that friggin number anyway
– How much money will you make Destiny Blande – All these television and movie deals – Everything you have stolen from the Satin Strangler – STOLEN – Do you wake up at night and wonder who the creator was – Do you ever wonder at all – Does it even matter to you
– When I am awake at night I think of you – Sometimes you are Destiny Blande in my dreams – Sometimes you are the Satin Strangler – The Satin Strangler is my fantasy but Destiny Blande is my nightmare
– Which one will you be – Destiny Blande or the Satin Strangler – Without her creator you would be nothing more than Destiny Blande – No book deals – No movie deals – No future – NOTHING
– Will you claim the story as yours – You are not its creator – The Satin Strangler story started long before you came along – The script was there before fate selected you as the star
– When the Satin Strangler was anyone Destiny Blande was no one – But now they all adore you – They think you are everything – Not as Destiny Blande but as the Satin Strangler
– I want to carve away what is Destiny Blande and leave behind only the Satin Strangler – My blade is sharp – Scars on my palms and soles are proof – Trust me
– Destiny Blande is a parasite attached to the Satin Strangler – She needs to be exterminated – But her grasp is too tight – If I try to remove Destiny Blande now the Satin Strangler will perish – I cannot endanger the Satin Strangler – Only cleanse her – Restore her purest state – The way I always envisioned
– Did you look at me just now Destiny Blande – Yes I am here for you – In the audience – I have been watching – I have been writing to you and waiting for an answer – I will wait no more – You owe me more respect
– Brain Dead Abrams searches for a question – He asks what you look for in a man – Then he giggles like a friggin school girl – He mocks the Satin Strangler but you answer anyway – Someone who is willing to give everything for you – Someone who will put his neck out – The audience laughs – Everyone is so friggin funny
– The knife along my leg is beckoning – Taunting me – But I will have to resist the urge today – Your Lord has better plans for you Destiny Blande – Better plans for the next chapter of the Satin Strangler story
– If you will be the Satin Strangler then have it all – The fame and the riches – But if you only plan to steal from the Satin Strangler as Destiny Blande then prepare to die
This is post #81 in The Satin Strangler Blogs (TSSB).
Read the next post in TSSB.
Start TSSB from the first blog post.
See links to all 105 posts in TSSB.
“Like” TSSB on Facebook.
If you are enjoying this free and unique online reading experience, please tell your friends.